Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Operation Smile

You may have heard me talk about Operation Smile.  It is an organization that fixes cleft lip and palettes on underprivileged kids.  It is the organization that Close to my Heart has chosen to help out.
It costs $240 to fix one smile.  The rest of the costs are donated whether it be in supplies or time.  So for just $240 we can make a difference in a child's life.

Before we sponsored this organization I thought cleft lip and palettes were just cosmetic.  But I quickly learned that wasn't the case.  These kids can't suck, drink or eat without a lot of help and difficulty.  So this operation is a MUST to have a normal life both for eating and drinking but also to fit in.  You know how mean kids can be.  So I am SO THRILLED that CTMH has chosen this organization to help.  
If you would like more information about Operation Smile you can go to my website...gottastamp.ctmh.com>opportunities>operation smile  
Right now there is an adorable picture of a boy named MING who is 6 years old.  It shows him before and after the surgery.  AMAZING difference it makes!  So check it out!    This is Ming...read his story on my website!  What a difference this operation makes!


We give money in a variety of ways.  Both myself and my customers donate money by rounding up on their order or adding a dollar amount.  But I also have crocheted an afghan and donated it to our Operation Smile Auction at our LeaderShare event here in Omaha.  It raised $95 for Operation Smile.
So I am at it again.  Here is my new one I just started.  It is a beautiful garden green color and will be donated to our convention auction.  Now my hopes are (since there will be a lot more people) that we can raise at LEAST $240.  Enough to fix one smile.  
So I am getting my fingers working and every time I sit down I will have this in my hands in order to get it done by our convention in July.  Wish me luck!  LOL   

You can't see it very good right now, but the bumps there are the beginnings of a heart.  Since we are Close to my HEART I figured fellow consultants would love to have a heart blanket in their house.    This picture was taken April 24th. I will keep you updated on my progress.
And if you would like to donate to Operation Smile, please contact me, I will be happy to get your donation to those kids in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment