Friday, May 18, 2012

Footloose Pillow Box

I have to say I just LOVE LOVE LOVE our Footloose paper pack.  I am using it to scrapbook my Hawaii pictures.  It is so fun!  But my friend Julie (see post on April 9th) took my challenge to use this paper in a different way and she came up with other uses for this paper.  I Stamplifted one of her idea and made this pillow box with the paper.  

As you can see the "pebble" paper now turns to dinosaur egg paper!  LOL  How fun is that!  I also took our Color Ready Seam Binding (ribbon across the box) and colored it.  Here's how I did it.  I took one of our Spray Pens (Z1380 3 for $3.95) I put about 10 drops of our re-inker then filled the rest with rubbing alcohol.  Shake well.   I got an old towel and laid the ribbon on the towel and sprayed the ribbon.  I hung it to dry...only takes a little bit and then I stamped the dinosaur bone border in Cocoa ink on the ribbon.  TADA!  Now I have custom made ribbon just for my project and it matched PERFECT!

I then stamped the dinosaur (from our ROAR! stamp set D1505 $17.95) and stamped the dinosaur and cut him out and popped him up, then embellished him with our licorice opaques (Z1335 $2.95).  And the pillow box...it is cut out using the CTMH Cricut cartridge.  I cut the box at 5 inches.  Fun and easy treat box!

This is such a fun paper pack.  Get some now before they are gone.  It will only be available until July 31st so don't delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment