Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"Chocolate" Birthday Cake

Do you love Chocolate?  You will love this cake!  I made this for my friend Sara.  She just turned...ok, I will not tell you, but she had a birthday while I was in Texas getting a new catalog, so I thought I best make her a "chocolate" cake!

I saw this idea on Pinterest.  I took some nuggets chocolates, covered them with the ONE Sheet of NEW paper I had until my new stuff arrived!  Since that was the only piece I had, I pulled a another piece from my Splendor paper packet.  It's old, but it works and I am using what I had.  I took a spool that ribbon was on and covered it with Hollyhock cardstock...attached the nuggets, then a smaller ribbon roll and added another "layer".   It was tempting to run out and get som styrofoam, but I really wanted to use what I had.  It's amazing what you can find when you put your mind to it!  LOL

I hope you enjoyed my "chocolate" cake.  Oh and by the way...the floral paper is from our new Flirty paper pack!  Very cute!!  Make sure you come to my Open House Sunday, July 29th to see more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment