Friday, September 27, 2013

Wedding Guest Book

You might know that my son recently got married.  And his bride didn't want the traditional guest book.  Last year we made one of these for her friend that got married and she wanted one of her own.
So we got out my Cricut and used the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge and cut a tree branch.
I cut them in multiples and different sizes.  Then I got out my stamps (because you "gotta stamp") and stamped their names and date at the bottom.

 As the guests came in, they put their finger in a stamp pad and pressed it on our tree.  Then they wrote their name by it.  It was very cool.  This is what it looks like all done.  I used 3 different colors of green and goldrush.  I only wanted a little bit of the goldrush because I wanted it to represent what the trees looked like at this time of year.  So the person that was helping the people ink their fingers pulled the Goldrush pad so we wouldn't get too many.  LOL


Brooke (my new daughter in law) wanted a rustic frame for it.  So I framed it all up for her and now they will hang it in their house and remind them of their special day and all the people who shared it with them.  


Here is a close up of my husband's and my fingerprints.  How fun!  I just LOVE crafting...and I am so glad that I have a job that I can craft and get paid for it!  
Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment