Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Candy Purse

Do you love cute gifts to give to your friends, co workers or even teachers? Here is a GREAT gift using our Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge. I made these for a Close to my Heart event last week. We made 122 of them! I used the stamp set that is in the Lucy workshop kit.

Here's how I made them.

Use the Cricut Cartridge Shape 8 on page 47 cut at 5-1/2" for the base cardstock.


Line up one end at 2” and score. This will make the top fold.


Used the same shape cut at 5-1/4" for the b&t for the flap cut at 1 3/4”.

You'll get 2 flap coverings from just one shape.


Place the cello bag that measures 3-1/2" wide, and that's what I based the base of my purse on. If your bags are smaller or larger, make adjustments.


You will need 8” of ribbon for the handle. Punch a hole by the fold in the cardstock, but on the BACK of the piece. Adhere the ribbon to the front flap.


Now you have a quick and easy gift. Need our Cricut Cartridge? Give me a call and I can get one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment