Friday, June 11, 2010

Sympathy Card

There comes a day when we must send a sympathy card and today is my day. We recently had a friend die of cancer and it is bittersweet. We know she is now in Heaven with our Heavenly Father and has no pain and we REJOICE for that, but here on earth it just stinks to lose loved ones. It does give us peace to know she is in a MUCH better place so that is good.

This is my first sympathy card in over 10 years. Not that I didn't need any, but when our son died 10 years ago, it was just too hard to make them. I would have my friends go out and buy some for me and even read them...it was just too hard for me.

But today, I changed that. I created this card that I feel turned out pretty good. I used the pattern Heartfelt Classic (modified) on page 71 of our Originals How To Book. I also used Desert Sand and Colonial White cardstock with the blue patterned paper from our Sarsaparilla Level 2 kit. The stamps that were used were So Sweet (C1389) and Paisley Praise (D1414), and twilight ink (second generation) and garden green ink that I water brushed on the leaves. I wanted a slight color...didn't want it bold and bright. I also used our colonial white ribbon and a button from our Winter Buttons.

It is a simple yet beautiful card. I hope that you will not need a sympathy card, but if you do, here is a sample for you.


2 comments:

  1. Curse you for making me want this stamp! LOL This card is gorgeous! I firmly believe that the art of paper crafting is therapeutic and good for the soul......

    ReplyDelete