Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Graduation Layouts

Are you one of those lucky people that have a child, friend, grandchild or even a spouse graduating this month? If you look at our catalog you will find that we don't have a specific graduation kit. BUMMER! Or is it? lol

You can create your own customized layouts with YOUR school colors by using your stamps! This layout is from last year of my husband graduating with STRAIGHT A's (who does that! lol) with his Master's Degree. I waited for this catalog to come out because I knew we were going to have a new graduation kit. But we didn't. WHAT! boy was I bummed! But I got out my stamps and made my own! It's VERY easy.

I had the cake made using Outdoor Denim and Garden Green. And those are the colors of the invitations that I made too. So I grabbed those colors of stamp pads and cardstock. I also grabbed some Colonial White cardstock. I cut out the pieces I needed and stamped my graduation stamps (You Did It C1351 $18.95). Now I have my own patterned paper!
I used our Cherish How To Book, layout Rise to the Occasion on page 89.

One other thing I did was I took a picture of the sign in front of the auditorium that said the school and the date. But there was too darn many people in my picture! lol So I took one of our Irresistibles Pizzazz dimensional elements (Z1307 $4.95) brackets and put it around my husband. This hid 2 of the people that were in my picture! lol Then I stamped "You did it" and covered the other people. Now you can see my husband an no one else! How cool is that!

So don't forget that you can create your own patterned paper by stamping it!

No comments:

Post a Comment